A conference on the topic “Israeli aggression in Palestine and the responsibilities of world nations” was held in a local hotel in Islamabad by Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM). Leading religious scholars from every school of thought participated in the conference and expressed their views on the topic. A resolution was read out by Deputy Convener of the Co-ordination Committee of the MQM which was unanimously adopted by the participants. The text of the resolution is as follows.
1. The today’s meeting strongly condemns the barbaric attacks on Gaza and other Palestinian cities by Israel and the killings of the innocent people of Palestine. It expresses complete solidarity and sympathy with the Palestinian people who are becoming the victim of the Israeli belligerence. It also seeks to assure the Palestinian people that they are not alone. They must continue their peaceful struggle.
2. This meeting strongly appeals to the UN Secretary General Bank Ki-moon, the US President Barack Obama, British Prime Minister David Cameron, the European Union, the OIC and the Arab League to stop the hostilities being committed by Isreal and violations of human rights immediately.
3. This meeting demands the UN Secretary General to ensure that Israel follows international laws. Israel must also be restrained from committing grave human rights violations.
4. The OIC should also speed up its practical efforts for bringing together the heads of Muslim states. It should play its role in calling a meeting of the heads of Islamic state in Pakistan and make genuine efforts in this regard.
5. The meeting urges upon the UN to recognize Palestine as an independent and autonomous state. Palestine should be made a permanent member of the UN, and its independence, autonomy and geographical borders should be respected.
6. The unending siege of Gaza must end, and the economic blockade should also be lifted.
7. This meeting demands the Government of Pakistan to call a meeting of the heads of Islamic countries against the Israeli aggression in Pakistan. Clear and definite position should be adopted against the Israeli aggression.
8. The meeting is of the opinion that the unwarranted raids by Israel have not only hurt the sentiments of the Muslim world, but they are also serious violations of the human rights.