Altaf Hussain  English News  Urdu News  Sindhi News  Photo Gallery
International Media Inquiries
+44 20 3371 1290
+1 909 273 6068
[email protected]
 
 Events  Blogs  Fikri Nishist  Study Circle  Songs  Videos Gallery
 Manifesto 2013  Philosophy  Poetry  Online Units  Media Corner  RAIDS/ARRESTS
 About MQM  Social Media  Pakistan Maps  Education  Links  Poll
 Web TV  Feedback  KKF  Contact Us        
Media corner ( What's going on in Media about MQM )

MQM withdraws strike call,Dawn News


 Date: 3/6/2013   Views:2512    Source: Dawn News

-File Photo

KARACHI: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has taken back its earlier call for an indefinite shutdown of business and commerce, DawnNews reported.
Speaking at a press conference on late Wednesday evening, MQM leader Raza Haroon said that despite the withdrawal of the strike call, the party will continue its “peaceful protests” in Sindh and especially Karachi over the government’s inaction to arrest and prosecute the perpetrators of the bombing in Abbas Town.
Earlier on in the day, the MQM had appealed that businesses and public transport remain shut in the city until those responsible for the attack were taken to task.
This was the first time in many years that MQM had given a call of an indefinite closure of business in Karachi.
After a meeting of the MQM’s Rabita Committee, Raza Haroon said that after an appeal and request by the business community, traders and others, the party has taken back the strike call keeping in mind difficulties the public would face.
Haroon said that the party will continue its protest until the terrorists involved in the Abbas Town attack are arrested.