KARACHI: The chief of Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) Altaf Hussain has strongly condemned the bomb attack on the convoy of provincial head of PML (N) Balochistan Sardar Sanaullah Zehri.
In a statement on Tuesday, he expressed his heartfelt grief and sorrow over the death of his son, brother and nephew in the blast and added that every patriotic Pakistani was grieved on the tragic incident.
He said that effective measures should have been taken for improving law and order in the country and general elections should have been held afterwards. No purpose would be served by allowing the loss of lives in the name of elections and it would not be beneficial for the democracy either.
Altaf Hussain said that he had been warning for the past five years about the activities of terrorists but my concerns were not listened to.
He extended sympathies to the bereaved family and said that their grief was equally felt by him and all workers of the MQM.
He also prayed for the speedy recovery of the injured.