Altaf Hussain  English News  Urdu News  Sindhi News  Photo Gallery
International Media Inquiries
+44 20 3371 1290
+1 909 273 6068
[email protected]
 Events  Blogs  Fikri Nishist  Study Circle  Songs  Videos Gallery
 Manifesto 2013  Philosophy  Poetry  Online Units  Media Corner  RAIDS/ARRESTS
 About MQM  Social Media  Pakistan Maps  Education  Links  Poll
 Web TV  Feedback  KKF  Contact Us        

The government should order an investigation into the Landi Kotal and Islamabad attacks: Altaf Hussain

The government should order an investigation into the Landi Kotal and Islamabad attacks: Altaf Hussain
 Posted on: 3/4/2014 1
Ahrar-ul-Hind said they would carry on their fidayeen attacks event if Taliban entered into an agreement
London: March 4TH , 2014
The founder and leader of MQM Mr. Altaf Hussain has demanded "a full and thorough" investigation into the tragic incidents in Islamabad District Court and Landi Kotal to find out if these attacks were  carried out by Taliban.
“Although an unknown group ‘Ahrah-ul-Hind has claimed the responsibilities of the attacks. However, majority of the Pakistanis believe this is a fake organization and these attacks were carried out by Taliban.  Taliban does not want to take the blame for the attacks, “ Mr. Hussain said.
“Two big and serious incidents of terrorism occurred on Monday. The first incident occurred in  Lanki Kotal, Tehsil where terrorists attacked a vehicle of Frontier Constabulary, which resulted in the deaths of two personnel and injured scores of them. The second brutal, horrific and nerve-wrecking incident occurred in Islamabad where terrorists entered the district court of Islamabad and attacked it with guns and grenades. In this attack 13 people were killed and 26 injured. The dead included a senior judge, Rafaqat Ahmed Awan, and several lawyers. One of the martyrs was a young lawyer Fizza Malik. This 23 year lawyer had recently returned Pakistan with a law degree from the UK and had started its practice two days, “ Mr. Hussain said.
“When the conscientious people of Pakistan strongly condemned the attacks, it forced Taliban to dissociate itself from the attack. An unknown organization ‘Ahrar-ul-Hind’ claimed the responsibility of the attack after few hours of the incident, “ Mr. Hussain said.
Mr. Hussain said he wanted to share some important facts with the writers, journalists and intellectuals. He added that these facts would enable them to analyze new developments and events which occurred after the announcement of ceasefire of Taliban and offer honest and unbiased analysis.
“Neither media nor defense agencies know anything about the organization ‘Al-Ahrar-ul-Hind’ which claimed the responsibility. We came to know about them when they issued a press release on their letterhead on February 9, 2013.  They informed the world that they had been carrying fidayeen attacks with the Taliban. They said they would carry on their fidayeen attacks event if Taliban entered into an agreement with the government of Pakistan. They also said in their press release that they would not accept the agreement, “ Mr. Hussain warned.
Mr. Hussain said their statement has alarmed us because they claimed they had been carrying out attack with the Taliban. “It is strange the no one knew about the organization when the negotiation with the Taliban started. The question is: Why has this organization been brought forward at time when the negotiation has started? Their statement is shocking. They have said they would not respect the agreement between the government and Taliban, “ Mr. Hussain said.
Mr. Hussain said that Pakistanis had expressed their opinions through the social media that Taliban was responsible for the attack on District High Court Islamabad and they had brought this organization to hide their subversive activities and avoid blame. 
“It would not be sensible to accept the statement of Ahrar-ul-Hind. How did an unknown organization managed to carried out a planned action in the heart of Islamabad and our security agencies failed to detect their activities, “ Mr. Hussain deplored.
“The situation is very grave. I demand that prime minister, federal interior minister order and investigation into the attack. They should not believe on the statement of the unknown organization. This statement has been issued to mislead people and the government, “ Mr. Hussain said.
Mr. Hussain said he agreed the statement of the prime minister that subversive activities were not acceptable during the negotiation.  He appealed to the prime and the federal minister to monitor the situation carefully.
“ Taliban can betray us. It would put security and survival at risk.  We should review the negotiation process and take actions on the basis of our analysis, “ Mr. Hussain said.

10/27/2016 7:58:16 AM