1. I fully affirm and declare under oath and people have not elected me because of my personality, education, family, personal appearances or contacts. They have elected me only because of MQM Founder and Leader Altaf Hussain.
2. I give a pledge that I will not use my position for furthering personal or family interests. I will give preference to merit alone and not help my family members and friends in getting jobs, contracts, promotions, or any other privilege.
3. I say under oath that I will not involve myself in corrupt practices, irregularities or getting commissions from contractors, or misuse of government funds.
4. I give firm assurances that I will not become arrogant or full of pride. I will respect party workers and office-bearers. I will follow the party code of conduct and discipline and follow every decision and policy of the party in letter and spirit.
5. I assure Quaid-i-Tehreek Altaf Hussain that I will treat the people with dignity and not discriminate on the basis of their language, gender, sect, religion, region or social position. I will work for public welfare day and night. I will defend the rights of the minorities and respect their places of worship.
6. I pledge that I will not forget the sacrifices of the martyrs under any cost. I will work with sincerity for solving the problems of the family members of the martyrs. I will always respect their families.
May Allah help me in remaining firm on my oath!