Condemning the killing of Muttahida’s five workers and sympathizers in different incidents in the last 24 hours, the Muttahida Qaumi Movement chief Altaf Hussain said that the MQM workers were being targeted under a well-calculated plan.
In a hard-hitting condemnation statement issued on Thursday, the MQM chief said that the frequent killings of MQM workers clearly indicated the fact that the professional criminal elements and trained terrorists had been given license to kill the Muttahida workers and it was for this very reason that the culprits involved in such heinous crimes have not been apprehended.
Voicing his serious concern over the frequent killings of MQM workers, Mr Hussain said that “we have been burying our workers daily and yet we are demonstrating patience merely in the interest of the city’s law and order situation and it is a clear proof of our peace-loving nature.”
The MQM chief demanded of the President Asif Ali Zardari, Prime Minister Mian Nawaz Sharif, Federal Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan, Sindh Governor Dr Ishratul Ibad, and Chief Minister Syed Qaim Ali Shah, to immediately arrest the murderers of MQM workers, give them exemplary punishment, besides taking effective measures to bring an end to such brutalities.
Expressing his condolences over the killings of MQM workers – Shakeel (Joint Unit Incharge of Ranchhore Lines Sector’s Unit-3B), Mohammad Shafiq ( Member New Karachi Sector’s Unit-139), Mohammad Waqar (A sympathizer of Unit-140 A), Farhan Abbas (Worker of Gulistan-i-Jauhar Sector’s Unit-A), Mr Hussain said that he and all the party workers equally shared the grief with the members of bereaved families.
Offering his condolences to the bereaved families, the MQM chief prayed to Almighty Allah to rest the departed souls in eternal peace and grant courage to the grief-stricken families to bear this irreparable loss.
He also prayed for early recovery of the injured workers of the party who included Shoaib and Hammad.