They would be free to take any decision regarding their future if high public offices in Sindh continue to be out of bounds for the Urdu-speaking people
The Founder and Leader of Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) Mr Altaf Hussain has said that the Urdu-speaking should show some more patience just as they have been doing in the past.
He said, “If the high public offices of Sindh continue to be forbidden for the Urdu-speaking people, then the Co-ordination Committee and the Urdu-speaking Sindhis would be free and within their right to take any decision regarding their future.”
He said this while talking to the members of the Co-ordination Committee in London and Pakistan on Thursday night.
Talking to the Co-ordination Committee Mr Hussain said, “The Urdu-speaking people, in particular, and the public in general, had been listening to my appeals for peace and patience. They sacrificed thousands of lives but showed patience and did not take the law in their hands. Thousands were martyred and many more were injured and disabled. However, I would ask them to bear with patience a little more.”
He said, “If the establishment of Sindh and the prejudicial nationalist elements did not change their attitude, and they continued to look upon the descendents of the founders of Pakistan as third-rate citizens, if they persisted in mocking the Urdu-speaking people as not being the son of the soil, and if they continued to proscribe the high public offices of the province for the Urdu-speaking people, then the Co-ordination Committee and the Urdu-speaking Sindhis would be free to take any decision about their future.”
Mr Hussain said, “I will accept the decision of the Co-ordination Committee, whether I agree with it or not. I will respect the decision of the Co-ordination Committee and support it.”